Maybe I Really Should Release An Album | Yeah...I said it

Maybe I Really Should Release An Album

For years, I have joked about releasing my debut album “Dry Humpin On Yo Momma’s Couch.” I even put some of the tracks on here back in 2004, but alas, those classic audio clips were lost when the site where they were hosted was taken down. Now, in 2007, the music industry has shown me that now is the time for me to release a new CD. I mean, everyone else seems to be doing it these days!

Take Laurie-Ann Gibson for instance. Most of you know her as the former choreographer from”Making The Band 4.” When last we saw Miss Gibson, she was in the middle of a very heated debate with Diddy. She was very feisty and angry…and it turned me on!

Don’t act like I’m the only person who wants to hump Laurie Ann Gibson! She’s pretty…Plus, that mean streak tells makes me think that she’s probably wild in bed. I don’t know why, but women who are the quickest to fly off the handle emotionally, are usually the ones with that snappy nappy copappy!

That’s why it pains me to know that she’ll probably never ever give me the time of day after she reads what I write about her new single. Click on the doctored image below of her and I(well, my head pasted over Mario’s) to hear a snippet of her new song.

me-laurie-ann-edit.jpg

We’d make a cute couple, right? It can still happen, as long as Laurie does not try to sing to me. I never thought I’d say this ever, but this song makes “My Humps, My Lovely Lady Lumps” sound like a Motown classic. I literally felt the individual brain cells dying one by one in my head as I listened to the lyrics. The crazy thing is, in today’s era of the “Let’s just make some sh*t that drunk people n the club will shake their asses to” mentality in the music industry, the song could potentially be a hit. That, or Jack Bauer could use it to torture a terrorist’s eardrums on an episode of 24 next season. Either way, I’d easily forgive Laurie Ann for subjecting me to that if she takes me out on a date. Laurie, have your people call my people.

There is an even more glaring example of someone who could have used Laurie Ann Gibson’s services, and that is Deelishis from Flavor of Love 2. She has a song out called Rumpshaker, which I guess makes sense when your claim to fame is having an outstanding backside. I’m not a fan of this song, either, but the video is where Laurie Ann could have helped. Somewhere along the way, Deelishis apparently forgot that BET Uncut is no longer on the air. Her video consists of greasy booty shaking in a warehouse, with a low-budget fake ass Lil Wayne stand-in rhyming near the end. I, for one, like to see asses shaking, especially nice, round, shapely ones like the one on Deelishis. Still, Laurie Ann should have been hired to choreograph the video and help make it somewhat tasteful or stylish.

The link to that video is on the way, but do not click on it if you think you might get in some kind of trouble for looking at a bunch of black behinds shaking up and down on your computer screen. You’ve been warned.

After you all get a chance to see/hear the madness, come back and comment on it. Oh yeah, CLICK ON THE ADS! Thanks :)

Comedian, writer and Patron Saint of High Yellow.

18 Responses to “Maybe I Really Should Release An Album”

1. GirlBlue 26. Jul, 2007 at 4:31 pm #

Um..well..hey…get in where you fit in. I like to see black asses shaking as well as you described in your entry.. No homo(?)..well, heck I like what I like!

Shake it Ladies!

2. GirlBlue 26. Jul, 2007 at 4:34 pm #

Leon, you need to adjust your head because it looks like you’re suffering from giraffe neck. Otherwise, you both make a great couple. I hope the kids don’t have your neck…LMBAO!

First ***shakes cottage cheese flat ass***

3. Hustleman 26. Jul, 2007 at 4:47 pm #

@ GirlBlue, my neck isn’t really that long. It’s just bad Photoshop work!

4. Jabari Talib 26. Jul, 2007 at 7:01 pm #

Almost every Black male in the country has a MySpace music page. All you need is a catchy hook and a club beat to make a hit these days. I’m not sure what your delivery sounds like, but K-Fed had an album and he pretty much sucks. Let me know if you to decide to record…I’ll hop on a track free of charge.

5. caroline 26. Jul, 2007 at 9:51 pm #

Leon, where can I hear the Laurie Ann track?

6. WaWaGirl 26. Jul, 2007 at 11:11 pm #

Hey Leon, I heard that you and Taz found my panties in the couch?

7. Lady A 27. Jul, 2007 at 12:01 am #

Deelishis is going to win a grammy for that song, I’m almost certain! I understand how a man can appreciate a rotund booty like hers, but by the time I got to the end of the video, I kinda wanted to throw up it was just a little too much jigglin’ going on-or am I hating b/c i have a muscle butt and it doesn’t move? I dunno!

8. Passion 27. Jul, 2007 at 7:51 am #

First – “snappy nappy copappy” – just dead – LMAO

Second – I think I owe Deelishis some tip money, I have not seen that much azz clapping since the last time I went to Club 55. Somewhere off in the distance you can hear New York laughing like the debil.

9. KraZy34th 27. Jul, 2007 at 9:51 am #

EW @ Deelishis on TV. That woman is beyond ugly, forget that her booty is juicy. The only position I could stand to look at her in is doggy style. Eff that, yo.

And LOL @ WaWa kinda putting herself out there, wtf? Anyways!

10. jan 27. Jul, 2007 at 12:03 pm #

snappy nappy copappy yeah….I gonna have to use that one now…lmao…

um I like the “picture”…I guess Laurie has to at least by you a drink for the picture…tell her you did her a service by putting your face over Mario’s

11. Bklyn Diva 28. Jul, 2007 at 5:55 pm #

Son I heard that shyt on da radio and LOST IT!!! that heffa can’t sing.. nor act.. good lawd she lost her damn mind.. I don’t care HOW MUCH THEY EDITED OUT that heffa GOTS TO GO!!! and if I was Julius I would SUE HER ASS!!!!

aight I’m done.. holla!

12. Hypmommy 28. Jul, 2007 at 11:52 pm #

Wow, that Laurie Ann song was rubbish! Deelishish did just what she wanted in that video. She knows where her talents lie! She’s trying to singlehandedly bring back UnCut.

13. spchrist 29. Jul, 2007 at 4:30 am #

And what the hell was that white spot on the floor? The song was weak and the video wasn’t entertaining at all.

14. tiana danielle 29. Jul, 2007 at 9:41 pm #

I wanna hear the Laurie Ann song, too! Where can I find it Leon?
    I just saw that Deelishis joint, she got ass, but the shooting location, her voice and her moves were all a hot ghetto ass mess! LMAO @ the “low budget fake ass Lil Wayne” comment. Who the hell was that ni**a anyway? Yeah, Deelishis is gonna blow up in the music world alright…And Flavor Flav is gonna put out the best selling rap album of 2008! LMFAO!

15. Big Homie 30. Jul, 2007 at 3:51 pm #

Laurie Ann’s song is awful. Deelishes video is actually dope, but I had to put it on mute.

Leon, when is the release date of your album?

16. Hustleman 31. Jul, 2007 at 11:52 am #

To all those asking about Laurie Ann’s song, click on the photo to hear it. Next time, I’ll be more clear in placing my links.

17. Serena 02. Aug, 2007 at 10:44 am #

OMG. I did not think it could get worse than Fergie, and you are right, Laurie Ann actually accomplished that goal! That was fucking awful!!!

I think if Laurie Ann was going up against Delishis, Delishis wins. At least Delishis tried to sing. But omg, her booty is so big that it’s almost obnoxious. It is made to lay booty up in King magazine, but just too much for a video screen.

Serena

18. Peach 02. Aug, 2007 at 6:08 pm #

snappy nappy copappy

wow.

just. wow. i cant wait to use this in a sentence