Pimp C Rest In Peace | Yeah...I said it

Pimp C Rest In Peace

Just thought I’d link to a few Youtube clips in a tribute to Pimp C. I’m sure lots of other bloggers have already done it, but I feel it’s the least I can do, since I definitely appreciate the man’s musical legacy. So go ahead and enjoy the YouTube clips below if you have some free time and feel like nodding your head to the sounds of a pioneer of Southern Hip-Hop.

*Warning: Language(and some images) can be considered Non Work-safe, so be discreet!*

UGK - Take It Off   This one is a hood strip club staple

Three Six Mafia feat UGK – Sippin On Some Sizzurp Classic ode to abusing prescription medicine and liquor

Jay-Z feat UGK – Big Pimpin’ I went out with one of the models in this video a few years ago…She said that was the most disrespectful video shoot she’s ever been on! I thought it looked like art…Who knew? ;)

Bun B feat. Pimp C, Z-Ro & Young Jeezy – Get Throwed Could have Sworn Jay-Z was originally on this one too, but either way it’s that sh*t

UGK feat Outkast – International Player’s Anthem An instant classic

UGK – Let Me See It   A stripper once showed me her pierced stankhole when this song came on. I WISH I was exaggerating :(

TI feat UGK – Front Back Side to Side Couldn’t find the original version

UGK – Pocket Full Of Stones One of their early hits

Talib Kweli feat UGK and Raheem Devaughn – Country Cousins This one is just audio, but it’s a great song

UGK – The Game Belongs To Me I forgot about the video to this one

Ludacris feat UGK – Stick ‘Em Up Audio only

Pimp C – Knockin Doors Down

UGK – Diamonds and Wood

UGK – Take It Off(Live) More titty bar music. “Let a first class nigga break you off somethin”

UGK – Wood Wheel This is an old-ass video!

UGK – One Day Fitting, given the circumstances

Pimp C left behind a large body of work, so if you have more suggestions of stuff that should be up here, leave them in the comments section, and I’ll add it to the list.

This post was written by who has written 1739 posts on Yeah…I said it.

Comedian, writer and Patron Saint of High Yellow.

17 Responses to “Pimp C Rest In Peace”

1. ant 06. Dec, 2007 at 3:36 pm #

Man, gotta give you props on looking out for the homie Pimp.
    Some other notable tracks are:
    UGK – One Day (holds so much weight now)
    UGK – Diamonds & Wood (Certified Texas Anthem)
    UGK – Pocket Full of Stones (classic CLASSIC UGK)
    Ludacris ft. UGK – Stick ‘Em Up (I’m from Texas nigga! It get hectic nigga!)
    UGK – Take It Off (another strip club anthem)
    UGK – Game Belongs to Me (The return of UGK after Pimp’s incarceration)
    UGK – Front Back Side to Side (Speaks for itself)
    Pimp C – Knockin’ Doorz Down (Pretty much united Houston. Instant classic)

May homie rest in peace. Definitely one of the few real niggas I’ve got the honor to chop it up with.

2. The Jaded NYer 06. Dec, 2007 at 4:09 pm #

hmmm…I saw the headlines of his passing, but was like, “who’s this fool?” Apparently I’m out of the loop. Probably because I’m too busy hanging out in rocker bars stalking Slash…

3. Sasha 06. Dec, 2007 at 4:30 pm #

‘Cramping My Style’ was one of my faves back when I used to wear Cross Colors.

4. Virgle Kent 06. Dec, 2007 at 4:51 pm #

Man 3/6 is what got me on southern Hip hop for real for real. We’d play tear da club up before basket ball games and go ape nutts. UGK was the truth though. Sippin on some sizzurp was an awsome video but you know from a medical stand point that’s probably what ended up killing him.

5. Mr.6'5 06. Dec, 2007 at 6:13 pm #

damn dude…you dropped the good stuff in this blog…

6. suicide_blond 06. Dec, 2007 at 8:33 pm #

let me see it..is my fave….. rip….
    xoxo

• leroy 12. Jul, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

REST-IN-PEACE PIMP C…$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. Big Phonso 06. Dec, 2007 at 8:37 pm #

When I heard Pimp died, the first thing that I thought of was how me and my kinfolk would sit out side and drink 40′s listining to UGK. And even though that was years ago it seemed like yesteday. But one song that came to mind was one day your here, and the next day your gone. R.I.P. Pimp, and UGK will always be a part of me.

8. diva527 07. Dec, 2007 at 12:11 am #

Dayum..you got the good songs on here. They remind me of high school…and that drunken night in college when I kept yelling hanging out of my friend’s car FREE PIMP C. Thanks!

9. Leon 07. Dec, 2007 at 2:21 am #

I didn’t know the guy o his work, but RIP the same.

10. Hustleman 07. Dec, 2007 at 3:10 am #

@ Leon, I respect that. Dying at age 33 is way too young, so even if you didn’t know his work, you can kind of feel for his family and the loss they suffered.

@ Diva527, I got turned onto them in college, too. I soent damn near 2 hours playing these shits! LOL. Also, good looking out on those tickets. I probably should have gone to the game…I would have avoided the shit I’m about to write about next…lol

11. KraZy34th 07. Dec, 2007 at 9:44 am #

Man, Sippin on some Sizzurp was the JAM back in high school. Brings back memories of getting shit faced with all my old friends.. RIP.

12. Leigh 07. Dec, 2007 at 3:30 pm #

This is truly a loss. UGK got me through college…I Love Them.. I also didnt know there was a video for Wood Wheel or the Game Belongs to Me…so thanks

13. thehomiewood 07. Dec, 2007 at 4:25 pm #

Although the coroners report has yet to come back, the initial cause of death was thought to iodine poisoning.

14. jameil1922 07. Dec, 2007 at 6:09 pm #

you already covered my faves.

15. Khaleela 07. Dec, 2007 at 10:03 pm #

Three6Mafia and UGK are 2 of the 5 black rap artist I listen to which is random since I listen to alternative rock huh? On the days I felt like posing as a colored woman from NE I would light me up one and throw a little UGK or Three 6 on. These were the only times I felt close to my black brothers and sisters. I’m going to go light one up right now (as I have the past 3 days) in tribute and in remembrance to my homie Pimp C. I also made some TRUE Sizzurp in dedication. RIP C

16. iconic vintage 20. Oct, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

That are all my favorite songs along with the Sesame street too.