Over the last few months, I have noticed a strange trend in the DC area that perplexes me. One that I cannot say is an everyday sight, but it is prevalent enough that I’m sure I’m not the only person noticing it. I am referring to pretty, stylish women that date almost stereotypically gay-looking men. Not “slightly effeminate” men, but the “sweeter than a Cinnabon topped with Skittles” types. This entry might get me labeled a player-hater by some, but I really don’t care. I have to figure out why some really beautiful women are going this route.
I have formulated a few theories as to why this phenomenon exists:
- Theory 1: Some pretty women are so stuck on themselves, that their arrogance carries over to their choice of mate. They are attracted to the same qualities which they posess, so the immaculately-maintained guy with the glossed lips and waxed eyebrows will more than likely be the one that attracts them.
- Theory 2: A lot of ladies pride themselves on being really into fashion. Therefore, a man that has a similar sense of style might float their boat, and make them overlook those uber-gay qualities that even Stevie Wonder can see. It can work out twice as well if the man and woman are similar in stature, because then the’ll be able to borrow each other’s clothes and instantly double their wardrobe.
- Theory 3: Maybe the guy has a lot of money and it’s all some kind of front to keep up appearances for him, and account balances for her.
- Theory 4: Maybe they’re both big time freaks, and they like to have encounters with other extremely freaky men and women, passing them around like a blunt on Snoop Dogg’s tour bus.
- Theory 5: It’s possible that Mr. Sweetchuck has an extraordinary amount of game, which allows him to pull beautiful women despite his not-quite-heterosexual appearance. You never know…
Those are the only speculations I can come up with right now…I can’t call it.