The New Nas Album | Yeah...I said it

The New Nas Album

I’ve been out of the loop lately as far as new music is concerned, mostly because I’ve been too busy to sit around and really enjoy it. That said, I downloaded the advance of Nas’ new album Untitled. I guess he decided to give up his fight to keep the original title, Nigger.

I’ve played this album three times in a row today, and I’m still not tired of it. You regular ListenToLeon.net readers know that I will write about damn near any product under the sun, if I can find something clever or funny to say about it. You also know that if I tell you to spend your money on something, it’s THAT GOOD. This album falls under the “Buy it when it officially gets released on the 15th” category.

Here’s a blog entry where you can hear the track he did with Busta Rhymes, titled Fried Chicken. Please forgive the dude talking over parts of the track…but that’s what happens when I’m too lazy to upload the actual song to my own site!

The album is thought-provoking, well-produced, and consistently good from top to bottom. I’ve been a Nas fan since Illmatic, so it makes me happy to see that this album lives up to all of the hype that surrounded the title’s controversy. Once I get some time to play around in Photoshop, I’ll probably revisit this post and put up a Swagger Scale review.

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “The New Nas Album”

1. Wonderlove 08. Jul, 2008 at 2:15 pm #

eh. Still not sold.

2. Jabari Talib 08. Jul, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

I listened to it too. It is definitely worth buying. Nas’s primary weakness is his weak ear for beats. He worked with some different people this time around and the production is a lot better than usual. I hope that people actually go out and support music with a message.

3. CurlyQ 09. Jul, 2008 at 8:17 am #

the only song I’ve heard so far is “wouldn’t you like to be a nigger to” to the Dr. Pepper beat and I wasn’t impressed. In fact, he kind of annoyed me with the song.

4. E.Jay 09. Jul, 2008 at 9:40 am #

I hope other people share your favorable view. Street’s Disciple had approximately 7 good songs…on both discs! That upset me. Hip Hop is Dead felt like background music. Maybe I am in the minority, but I felt like I was being preached at, which I hate. The songs were decent, but not on the same caliber as previous efforts, in my opinion.

I do kinda like “Be a N***er Too”, but nothing has made me hyped to go get this album.

5. rawdawgbuffalo 09. Jul, 2008 at 11:32 am #

wish he could have been more like the old NAS

6. msdailey 10. Jul, 2008 at 11:23 am #

He also put out a N***a mixtape, which I assume is a lot of material that the label wouldnt let him put out, but it’s good also and I suggest you pick it up our check it out on imeem.com, Nas N****a mixtape in the search for playlist…

7. logic marsalis 13. Jul, 2008 at 3:56 am #

yeah his last two album were terrible, but he stepped it up with this album. My favorite tracks off the album are Queens Get The Money and Breathe.