Adrian Fenty and the Nationals Ticket Situation | Yeah...I said it

Adrian Fenty and the Nationals Ticket Situation

Mayor Fenty, just give up the damned Nationals tickets, so this can stop being an issue! This has been a rough month or two for DC Mayor Adrian Fenty. Between the controversy over the gift of a fire truck and ambulance to the Dominican Republic and the inquiries about his travels, you’d think that folks would go out of their way to avoid giving people more reason to laugh at DC politics. Then, along came the Nationals tickets that certain individuals in the DC City Council did not receive.

The Nationals? REALLY?! Our government officials are bickering on the news over a baseball team whose play has been nothing short of crap-tacular for quite some time now. I know it’s a nice stadium, but they are treating these tickets like they’re the hottest thing in town. For real, if you bring your resume to the game, you might leave with a General Manager job. If you can hit a curveball, they might even let you play! I’m all for supporting the home team, but let’s keep things in perspective.

I know it’s more about the principle of the omission than anything else, but Vincent Gray and Adrian Fenty need to just go somewhere and settle this. Maybe they can talk it out like grown men. Maybe Marion Barry can stop by with a couple pair of boxing gloves, then Fenty and Gray can go in the backyard and duke it out. Whatever it takes to get this foolishness off of the news, make it happen!

On a side note, is it me, or does Vincent Gray kind of look like a sinister pimp sometimes? He’s an intelligent, capable politician, but I would not be surprised to see him pull out one of those canes with the sword inside at a Council meeting one of these days.

Tags: , , , ,

Comedian, writer and Patron Saint of High Yellow.

11 Responses to “Adrian Fenty and the Nationals Ticket Situation”

1. Deez Nutz 17. Apr, 2009 at 11:10 am #

Vincent Gray was my football coach for the 95lb team at Kettering/Largo Cougars back in the day…he made his son the QB…that bama was sorry as shyt. Suffice it to say we went 0-8 that year

2. Deez Nutz 17. Apr, 2009 at 11:12 am #

P.S. http://www.dalockerroom.com

3. leigh 17. Apr, 2009 at 11:53 am #

LOL! Sinister Pimp..I will have to use that

4. Phoenix7 17. Apr, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

LOL…..
    I thought that whole thing was ridiculous and the way the Fox DC repeorters were going @ Fenty on Thursday and the ways he kept deflecting………if the tickets are suppose to go to council members, why doesn’t he just them have them WTH…

5. lola gets 17. Apr, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

Dammit, man, I was going to write about this foolishness! Eh, well, you said it better than I could.

L

6. Cap'n Kirk 17. Apr, 2009 at 5:13 pm #

I saw Fenty on Fox Morning News yesterday. Didn’t Gurvir look like she was slap the sh*t out of him if he said he didn’t know nothing one more time?

7. ListenToLeon 17. Apr, 2009 at 6:33 pm #

@ Deez Nutz, I’ve heard some funny Vincent Gray comparisons since I wrote this! One person said he looks like a nasty deacon in someone’s church, and another said he looks like an albino version of The Count from Sesame Street!

@ Leigh, that was my impression of him

@ Phoenix7, I just want Fenty to keep it real, and say “F*CK YOU AND YOUR MOTHERF*CKIN’ TICKETS, VINCENT GRAY!” I’d respect that more than the dodging and deflecting questions!

@ Lola Gets, glad you like my opinion on this silly matter.

@ Cap’n Kirk, she was definitely irritated! She couldn’t even hide it LOL

8. anonymousnupe 18. Apr, 2009 at 12:35 am #

Fenty’s my frat and everything, but he’s power trippin’ now, man. Even dude who was his obsequious butt boy during his campaign, that bama Harry Thomas, has turned on him. Fenty is so unimpressive, don’t know how in the world he became mayor. Oh, wait, we’re talkin’ ’bout the city who elected Marion Barry…a lot.

9. Phoenix7 20. Apr, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

please don’t diss the District… he became Mayor because this gentrified city pop voted for him…..the city demograpphics are no where near the same as when Mayor Barry was Mayor and mofos not from here don’t even know the full story on Mayor Barry SMH…so womp womp

10. anonymousnupe 20. Apr, 2009 at 10:13 pm #

I’m from here. So what’s the full story? The bitch set him up? And then she ran off with his taxes?

11. ListenToLeon 21. Apr, 2009 at 1:11 am #

LMAO @ Anonymousnupe’s response!!!