In Love With Erykah Badu Again | Yeah...I said it

In Love With Erykah Badu Again

new-amerykah-part-two

And it has nothing to do with her being naked in her video.

Ok…maybe a little bit. Seriously though, I’ve been playing New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh all day long. This album is easily up there with her best work, in my opinion. Even the cover artwork is great! I just hope that I can keep folks from stealing it from me the way they did Mama’s Gun. I’ve had two different copies of Mama’s Gun disappear from my possession. Once in college, and once a few years ago. You KNOW it’s a great CD when people take that instead of your actual valuables!

To Ms Badu, I’m yours if you’ll have me. To everyone else, if you all happen to see me walking down the streets of DC wearing crocheted slacks, shoulder pads,  a leather wife beater and space boots, you’ll know who my new lady is. Just make sure to do yourself a favor and buy the album. You’ll thank me later!

Comedian, writer and Patron Saint of High Yellow.

7 Responses to “In Love With Erykah Badu Again”

1. Ranada 30. Mar, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

lol @ ur new outfit!!! yes, i’m enjoying the new album as well! what are your top 3 songs? mine are window seat; out my mind, just in time; and fall in love (your funeral).

2. ListenToLeon 30. Mar, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

It’s too early for me to pick favorites, but I’ll try:

Umm Hmm
    Window Seat
    Fall In Love (Your Funeral)
    Jump Up In The Air and Stay There
    Turn Me Away (Get Munny)

Not necessarily in that order!

3. caviarjones 30. Mar, 2010 at 6:48 pm #

The new Badu is hot fire…word to Dylan. Man, I too am a Badu groupie. I would be given up pork and talkin in riddles and limericks just for a piece of that action…

4. Jabari Talib 30. Mar, 2010 at 7:33 pm #

I still cannot believe she is one year shy of 40. Ms. Badu has aged beautifully. I will probably buy the album for my sister. She is a big fan.

5. NAYDIA 31. Mar, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

loving the album and i will admit as a straight woman ms. badu is super bad for having 3 kids…i was like damn she super thick i see how she pulls the men she has pulled!

6. M Slade 31. Mar, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

I love me some Eryka Badu but…she’s crazy as a shithouse rat. And if you date her, she’ll turn you crazy too. Have you sitting in a tree, wearing a dashiki, eating an apple while spouting theories that the CIA framed Mumia Abu Jamal for murder because the governement thought he was going to lead an armed revolution of reformed gang members to overthrow the goverment while enlightening the masses that America was a white dominated, capitalistic system designed to oppress minorities in genral and blacks in particular.

She drove Common and Andre 3000 insane.

Some say her power over men is due to the fact that she pees in the cabbage she feeds them. I think her power is in all the organic food and herb tea she be drinkin’. That and her hefty bedonkadonk. Where did such a skinny woman get all that ass? Walmart? Some demon Egyptian cat she worships?

She’s a prime example of not messing with “crazy cootchie”. Even more than Angelina Jolie.

She’ll have you hanging crystals all in your house, drinking green tea, and eating nothing but raw vegetables. You’ll stop using lotion because of the chemicals.

If you have a friend who used to be well groomed but is now all ashy, it’s for one of two reasons:

1) He’s on crack

or

2) He’s dating Eryka Badu

Her album’s pretty good though.

7. LoudPen 05. Apr, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

Wow the last comment was ignorant. And I don’t mean that in a nice way.

I will seek out Erica’s album per your suggestion, Leon.