Did Anybody Really Miss the McRib? | Yeah...I said it

Did Anybody Really Miss the McRib?

McDonalds’ PR staff is working overtime! I don’t know one person who has fond memories of the McRib sandwich, yet everywhere I go, I’m seeing or hearing some kind of hype about it. Until I see someone in my inner circle do a backflip and run down the street yelling “The McRib is back! Praise Jesus!” I’m going to be a little bit skeptical.

One of the funniest signs I saw from folks walking around en route to the Rally to Restore Sanity simply said “Bring Back the McRib.” It was hilarious to me, since it seemed to be totally random. Little did I know, the plan for a McRib comeback was already in motion. For all I know, that guy could have been a McDonalds operative, planting the subliminal seeds of McRib lust in people with his cardboard propaganda tool.

Wait a minute…A diabolical plot involving pork sandwiches? Maybe Muslims were on to something after all. That said, as long as bacon is delicious, I will never willingly give up swine. Call me what you want, but you’ll also have to call me full and happy.

Back to the McRib. Do any of you actually care that this sandwich is back? I can’t remember what it tastes like, but I do remember being underwhelmed by it years ago when I first tried one. I LOVE ribs. I love them more than I love some people in my life. Yeah, I said it. If it came down to saving certain people’ lives, or free barbecue ribs for life, well, I’ll just make sure to say something nice at your funeral and have a cookout in your honor later on that day. I think this love for ribs is the reason why I felt that the McRib was a mass-produced letdown. Now, I want to hear your opinions on the sandwich and it’s massive marketing push.

Tags: , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 1739 posts on Yeah…I said it.

Comedian, writer and Patron Saint of High Yellow.

13 Responses to “Did Anybody Really Miss the McRib?”

1. Wonderlove 11. Nov, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

This shit is pork?? I tried it last week…sloppy mess.

• Kayode Kendall 11. Nov, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

Oh, the sloppiness is even played up in the new commercials! And what I hate about those damn commercials (which I’ve seen other fast food commercials do in the past) is how they’ll equate the love they want to to have for the McRib with the love you’d have for a living person!!! And there are really people like that . . . we call them people with eating disorders! It’s an illness that have to work that much harder to overcome when you put out your 30-second love letters to a processed pork sandwich!!!

And (while I’ve given it up for the next three months) like Leon, I love me some pork! Set a pig loose down Connecticut Avenue, and I may very well chase that little piggy with a Crocodile Dundee knife whilst screaming “GET IN MAH BELLAY!!!” But dammit if the McRib hasn’t got people shook in a scary kinda way, and I ain’t drinkin’ the Kool-Aid. And McDonald’s is mad diabolical with that shit! “We only bring it out for a month or two, then you don’t see it again for like four or five years! We Leap Year that shit!!! Folks gon’ be feenin’!!!”

It’s a dirty game, y’all! It’s a dirty game!

• Chcukchuck9376 01. Dec, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

Probably grafted from squirrel ankles…

2. Sasha 11. Nov, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

No, I am not checking for the mcrib. In fact I vowed about a month ago to never eat at McDonalds again. After I saw those pictures of the hamburger and fries that would not break down i was done.

3. LoudPen 12. Nov, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

I don’t eat beef or pork anymore but even when I did eat pork, I never went near the McRib. It just doesn’t look real. Like how can a fast food chain really be trusted with something like that? When I indulged in swine, it was because it was homemade and cooked with love. The McRib…not the case.

But yea, McDonald’s is ODing on the commercials but they always done that. Cool post.

4. B and T Crowd 13. Nov, 2010 at 8:57 am #

I totally agree! I tried a McRib for the first time and was not impressed. If you want some ugly pictures of my taste test, visit: http://bandtcrowd.blogspot.com/2010/11/mcrib-taste-test-im-not-lovin-it.html

5. Kevin 13. Nov, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

I do have fond memories of the McRib from when I was little. But when they brought it back last time when I was an adult, I didn’t think it was all that good. So my tastes must have changed, but for some reason hearing that the McRib is back does make me feel a little happy inside, even if just for nostalgia’s sake. BTW Colbert made jokes about the McRib being back on his show so that might be why people had that sign.

6. OSHH/Phoenix7 15. Nov, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

In Lonette McKee voice from Malcolm X ………..”don’t feed that boy no pork” LOL

never tried it cause I don’t do swine or red meat, but it looks strange, and I heard it wasn’t all that hittin from folk that have tried it!

7. J3T_sT0rM 21. Jun, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

Stop haten on the McRib. This sandwich is the most epic sandwich on the face of the earth. and yes i do have memories of the McRib your circle is probably to young to have remembered the juicy, sloppy BBQ goodness of the McRib.

• ListenToLeon 09. Nov, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Not hating at all. I just never liked it. To each his/her own though. Enjoy your McRib experience!

8. DanH 08. Nov, 2011 at 11:30 pm #

Excited about the McRib? Nah. Now, if they brought back chicken fajitas… yeah, I would be partying like it was 1989!

1. Tweets that mention Did Anybody Really Miss the McRib? | Yeah...I said it -- Topsy.com - 11. Nov, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rahsheen Porter, Leon Scott and DanielleJ, Anetra. Anetra said: Did Anybody Really Miss the McRib? http://tinyurl.com/28fgmjr [...]