I Hate The DMV | Yeah...I said it

I Hate The DMV

I pride myself on being a positive spirit, so there aren’t many things in life that lead me to use the word “hate.” However, I truly hate the DMV. I hate that place with a passion. A spirited passion, at that. A Samuel L. Jackson “I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!” type of passion. That is the level of disdain and utter disgust that courses through my veins at the mere mention of this place.

I’m not going to go into too many details, since I have to make a return trip to that smelly little slice of Hell on Earth in a few moments. I just took some time out to see if anyone else shares my sentiment as far as trips to the DMV. If you’ve ever been screwed over by the DMV or by negative DMV employees, this is your chance to speak on it!

Tags: ,

66 Responses to “I Hate The DMV”

1. Pigtails 22. Oct, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

I hate the DMV, I hate going there & dealing with all the rude
    and smartazz people that work there. You are stressed out
    enough already, and the way the workers act, make it that
    much worse for everyone. DMV needs to make drastic changes
    so people will have a pleasant experience when they go there,
    instead of a dreadful & bad experience every time they go!

• Denali 26. Jun, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

I just went to the DMV yesterday to get my drivers license, i waited there for 3 hours just for them to say that i couldn’t get my license because I took the test with a driving school. I now have to wait six months before I am required to take the test again (even though I already passed it) and maybe get my license. I hope those people burn in hell.

2. Pigtails 24. Oct, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

DMV needs to get different & better employees that actually
    like their jobs & what they are doing. And DMV employees
    need to quit giving the people a hard time when they have
    to get something. I truly believe that they are rude on purpose
    to people because they know they can be & that they can
    get by with it.

3. Shelby 24. Jan, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

I totally agree with you especially with the “I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!” part~ We were scolded by those crazy people and they also gave us rude,mean faces.

4. Allison 22. Jun, 2013 at 10:34 pm #

I hate the DMV. Why? Because my son, who has been driving for two years already, has been told by the DMV that he can’t get a license in California UNLESS HE RETAKES DRIVER’S ED!

He can drive in a blizzard, thanks to his having learned to drive in Colorado. He can drive in a torrential thunderstorm, thanks to his having learned to drive in Colorado, he can drive on ice, snow, and hail (and traffic — duh), thanks to having learned to drive in Colorado, but California wants him to retake driver’s ed? Fat chance of that happening.

• Allison 22. Jun, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

Oh, and he’s already fully licensed to drive. No permit — a license.

Sheesh.

• Denali 26. Jun, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

thats exactly what happened to me yesterday i went to get my license and they told me i had to retake everything. Oh, and i have to wait an extra six months.

5. RAYMOND 15. Jul, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

FUCK THE DMV AND MOTHERFUCK THE POLICE AND THE COURT SYSTEM. I HOPE THEM PIGS ROT IN HELL.

6. Grr 06. Aug, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

I just failed my drive test for the second time, screwing up my chance to apply for a parking spot at school and my work schedule. The first tester was an old lady and I admit, she was right to dock me on some things, like rolling stops and inattentiveness at railroad tracks (if the gate’s not down, the train’s not coming, lady), but inattentiveness at crosswalks and intersections was her made up reason to fail me. The second tester was a guy who I thought was nice but ended up being a real jerk. He marked me for rolling stops (which I specifically didn’t do, he just had a screwed up definition of them), running over the base of the cone backing out of a parking space (it didn’t fall over, so I don’t understand the hullabaloo), and, listen to this, wrote PASS while we were parked and he was filling it out, then added some made up thing about not looking behind when backing and crossed it out. The DMV is just full of stupid employees working for a giant money leech.

7. gah 20. Aug, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

I went to the DMV today early in the morning before opening to take my driving test. I got my papers, filled them out, and sat down waiting for my number to be called. Yes, everyone there seemed to be friendly enough actually, but then the electricity went out, but came back on again, but the system was down. They said they had to call a verizon to get the thing fixed and running again, so I guess they called. I thought of waiting, but I left instead because the owner of the car had to be someplace just as EVERYONE does in this busy life in the D.C. metropolitan area. I don’t understand why the system in which the DMV operates isn’t as efficient as it should be. Maybe it is this society that has evolved to being as impatient as I am due to most things in life being already as efficient as they are for us and because the demands of efficiency are always growing… DMV needs to upgrade. People have real things to do than just stand around and waiting for all of these things while also being told that they’ve wasted hours and to come back another time. The biggest issue with the place in general with the state it is now is that it produces such a mass of negative energy, which is the absolute one thing it should not do. I went back there in a couple hours by the way, and they were still down. They need to get an IT working there for situations like this or even to make efficient everything else in the place!

sigh. everyone has problems. life is horrible, but it is also great. Thanks for letting me vent.

8. Die 01. Mar, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

The DMV failed me on my driving test twice. The first time was excusable, but the second time I failed not because of my driving skills, but because it was raining and my windows were too foggy. My test administrator said that by the time I cleared them (which was pretty quickly) I had already failed. A “foggy” windshield counts as a critical error and automatic fail.

9. Ian 08. Mar, 2014 at 8:50 am #

Im not going to really go into detail about what happened I just realized that I can use this place to vent about my pain and hopefully others who have had trouble with the dmv can do the same… there will be a lot of language.

Fuck the stupid shitty dmv fuck everyone that works there fuck the places where it exists I hope someone throws a brick through there window I hope the fucking meteor falls on the place I hope it terrorist comes and blows it up I hope the fucking boy opens up underneath it I hope the black Hole sucks it into oblivion I fucking hope everyone there turns to piles of salt from looking at the destruction of such a fucking shitty place. There fucking liars abuseser lousy people and fucking scum…thank you for your time.