A friend of mine was shot and killed last night, so understandably, I’m finding it extremely difficult to write anything right now. Usually around this season, I compile a list of the funniest blog entries from the past year in order to show people that I deserve their votes in the Black Weblog Awards Humor category. I planned to do this at some point in the week, but today seems to be the perfect day to actually make the list given the fact that tragic news I received has stifled my creativity. Neil was the type of guy who was always smiling, and he was extremely supportive of my endeavors with the blog and comedy in general. So in his honor, I’d like to post the entries that I feel were the most amusing of the year. Hopefully, the process of compiling this list will take my mind off of his death and the senseless nature of it. He’d want us all to be happy, so I sincerely hope the selections on this list amuse the rest of you.
Yeah…I Said It! The Best of 2010 at ListenToLeon.net (in no particular order ’cause I’m too lazy for that)
- The Greatest Magical Negro of All-Time
- Get Some Stank On Your Hand: A Valentine’s Mixtape
- The Captain Morgan
- Ladies, Don’t Get TOO Comfortable Around Your Man
- “No Disrespect”
- Why You Should Be Following Me On Twitter
- The Worst Panhandler Story Ever
- 5 Horror Films That Scared the Sh*t Out of Me
- Who Asks To “Cut In” at the Club?
- The NBA Finals: Where Gay Stuff Happens
- The Waka Flocka Flame Theory
- Future Tyler Perry Movies
- The Ballad of Thunderpussy
- Facebook Messages Were NOT Meant For This
- Things I Could Do With $30
- Racist Is The New Gay
- When The Stank Lingers On
- I Got Crop Dusted at Work
- Peppermint Soap + My Balls = Lesson Learned!
- Leon’s Dress Shirt Is SO SMALL…
- Punk Ass Meter Maids
- Getting Hung Up On
- I Was The First Black Member of Menudo
- AOL is 25 Years Old?!
- I Hate Read Receipts
- Obama Wants To Kick Some Ass
- George Washington: The Ghetto Trendsetter
- Dead Babies: A Motivational Speech
- The Pee Dream
- Leon: 1, Cab Driver: 0
- Writing My Name In The Snow
- Flair Hair
- Is It Too Early To Start Drinking?
- 10 Reasons Why I Will Unfollow You
I can’t lie, the process of putting this together was somewhat therapeutic.I’m about to go catch up to some mutual friends at the neighborhood hangout and talk to them for a bit in a attempt to give them a listening ear. It sucks that I had to surround so many funny stories with a couple of paragraphs about a tragedy, but you all know by now that I’m not the type to hold this type of stuff in. Thanks for reading and “listening” to me as I attempt to type my way through this!
To show you all what I was talking about regarding his sense of humor, Neil is the guy whom I was clowning around with around the 1:00 mark of this video. Rest in Peace, my comrade in jokes!Tweet